20 mins prep
This recipe is spiced but not hot.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion
1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon seasalt
a few whole cloves
1 teaspoon ginger, fresh or dried
1 teaspoon tumeric
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 chicken, cup into serving pieces
- In a dutch oven or frying pan, heat oil over medium-low heat and brown onion.
- Add cloves, salt, tumeric, ginger, and garlic.
- Add chicken parts and a few pieces of skin (this helps prevent sticking).
- Raise heat to medium to brown meat.
- Mix/Turn the chicken parts frequently.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, cook until tender about 30-45 minutes. If using a frying pan transfer to oven.
- Check it frequently and mix/turn chicken.
- There will be a lot of juice.
- I have found that this can be served immediately, simmered for longer, and tastes great heated up.
- You can place vegetables in the pot after browning meat and have a meal in one.
You can make 2 chickens and double the spices.