The Jewish site for Kosher Food and Healthy Eating
Fruited Spinach Salad
- 8 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1 medium papaya or mango or 2 medium pears, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups seedless grapes
- Cut, tear and arange on plates.
- Serve with French mustard dressing sweetened with honey.
Rosh Hashanah Salad
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 small red onion
- 2 large oranges
- 2 bunches watercress or baby spinach or baby mixed greens
- 3 tbsps vinegar (apple cider or red wine are good)
- 2 tbsps fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Combine cucumbers, fennel, onion, oranges and watercress in large shallow bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, orange juice, honey and olive oil.
- Toss with salad.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and pine nuts.
- To toast pine nuts place in a frying pan without oil and stir until lightly toasted.