10 mins prep, 40 mins cooking
This can be made milky or parev.
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 tbsps butter or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 5 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, creamy
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream or 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon corriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- salt and pepper
- Finely mince the onion, garlic and celery. .
- Melt the butter in your stock pot and sauté the onion, celery and garlic in the butter for about five minutes or until soft.
- Add flour and stir for a minute or two until it's disolved.
- Add the stock, followed by the remaining indgredients, whisking the mixture so it remains smooth.
- Simmer for about fifteen minutes and serve.